This piece is part of a set of vestments constituted by chasuble, stole, maniple, chalice cloth and a corporal pouch. It belonged to Episcopal Palace of Porto and was incorporated in the collections of Museu Nacional Soares dos Reis, in 1938.

Of exceptional artistic and technical quality, it is decorated with foliage embroidered in gold thread, polychromatic silks and the coral beads. It reflects an accentuated oriental influence and exoticism resulting from the contacts established by the Portuguese during the Discoveries, particularly visible in the use of coral.